Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2 weeks of an emotional rollercoaster

As the title says, these past 2 weeks have been filled with a wide variety of emotions. I'll start on the family front...

I found out late last week that my dad did not get the prison job in Raleigh. He made like 6 trips down to Raleigh for this job, but after all that, the verdict wasn't good. It was because of the results of his psych evaluation. My dad has had some hospital visits within the last 2 years for mental health reasons and they decided basically that he wasn't "stable" for the job in the department. The thing is my dad is still working at the prison in PA, and he has for 25 years. Although he's had his bad days, he is such a hardworker and has been able to maintain his job through everything. But obviously, God has other plans for him. So, he's back to square one applying for jobs. He's very very discouraged and I find myself worrying about him because I know what he does when he feels like this. So I pray that God will watch over him and I remind him to stay strong and keep pushing through.

The couple that was going to put an offer on the house backed out at the last minute so after 7 months of being on the market, they're have been no offers. It seems like someone doesn't want my parents to move down here. Its so frustrating for me. We have a beautiful house and my dad is a great man and employee and I feel like they deserve to be able to get what they want. They sacrficed a lot over the years and they really want to be in NC living near me. Every oppurtunity is getting shot down though. I don't know.

Work has continued to be stressful. The medical issues with my client will not be going away any time soon, in fact, every day gets a little worse. My job has turned more into making her comfortable instead of having her progress. If I could make her medical issues go away, I would, but I can't, so I'm doing my best to comfort her.

After all the stress and worries the last month or so, I was due for a get away. I went to Carolina Beach for 3 days this past weekend with Molly. We stayed at Ken's place. It was seriously one of the best weekends I've had in a very long time. We did so many fun, relaxing things and it just felt amazing to see the ocean. It was also nice to spend some quality time with Molly. We have a lot more in common then I ever realized. She doesn't know it yet, but I plan on going to Raleigh a few times to go out and enjoy singledom together. But like I said, amazing weekend!

Yesterday while at work, Jim texted me and said he was coming to see me after work. I was SO excited! It's only been 3 weeks since his last visit, but I was so ready to see him. We got taco bell to eat and Coldstone icecream again. The rest of the time we just talked. It was our normal heart-to-heart conversations. He spent the night because by the time we stopped talking it was after midnight. There's some things going on with him, but for now he said it's our little secret, not even his mom knows. I love being the best friend :)

So, like I said the last 2 weeks have been filled with disappointment, frustration, worry, stress, happiness, relaxation, and excitement.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment